There is nothing more satisfying than mouthfuls of sugary sweet delights and a hot cup of coffee. Here is a recipe for deliciously delightful meringue morsels… you will simply not get enough of them! They have the winning combination of chocolate and nuts and are addictively yummy and very simple to make!100g plain chocolate 3 large egg whites Pinch of cream of tartar 125g caster sugar 50g sifted icing sugar 30g hazelnuts toasted and finely ground 142 ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 140°C
- Line two baking pans with baking paper
- Freeze chocolate for 20 min
- Finely grate 50g of the frozen chocolate in a bowl and put back into freezer for later. Break the rest of the chocolate in a bowl and leave till later.
- Whisk the egg whites and cream of tartar into stiff peaks, gradually add the castor sugar and whisk till thick and glossy. Sift the icing sugar over and fold into the mixture in three batches.
- Mix the cocoa, nuts, grated chocolate. Fold into meringue mixture.
- Place spoonful’s on baking sheets, or use a piping bag so pipe 24 spiral peaks onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 min until firm and remove from oven. Leave to cool
- Melt remaining chocolate and spread on base of meringues, leave to cool chocolate side up.
- Whisk cream to soft peaks, sandwich meringues together and serve. You can leave the cream out if you prefer.
Make sure to make more than just one batch as they seem to disappear rather quickly!!