“Life begins at 40 – but so do fallen arches, rheumatism, faulty eyesight, and the tendency to tell a story to the same person, three or four times.” ~ Helen Rowland 🙂
My friend Andra,turns forty on Saturday and I thought I’ll embrace another good googling session to gain some “40 knowledge” and dedicate this post to her with some helpful facts and sayings about the BIG 40 😉
So for some Factually Forty “Facts”:
1.“The best years of a woman’s life – the ten years between 39 and 40” ~ Anonymous…
2.40 is the only number who’s letters are in alphabetical order…bet you are checking this.
3.Many distilled alcoholic beverages (such as vodka) contain approximately 40 percent alcohol by volume. 🙂
4.”At age 20, we worry about what others think of us. At 40, we don’t care what they think of us. At 60, we discover they haven’t been thinking of us at all.” ~ Ann Landers
5.”The ‘I just woke up’ face of your 30’s is the ‘all day long’ face of your 40’s” ~ Libby Reid
5.Forty isn’t old, if you’re a tree.” ~ Anonymous
6.”I’m not 40, I’m eighteen with 22 years experience.” ~ Anonymous.
Perks of being 40…
1. Kidnappers are not very interested in you.
2. In a hostage situation you are likely to be released first.
3. No one expects you to run into a burning building.
4. People call at 9 PM and ask, “Did I wake you?”
5. People no longer view you as a hypochondriac.
6. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
7. Things you buy now won’t wear out.
8. You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.
9. You can live without sex but not without glasses.
10. You enjoy hearing about other peoples operations.
11. You get into heated arguments about pension plans.
12. You have a party and the neighbors don’t even realize it.
13. You no longer think of speed limits as a challenge.
14. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room.
15. You sing along with elevator music.
16. Your eyes won’t get much worse.
17. Your investment in health insurance is finally beginning to pay off.
18. Your joints are more accurate meteorologists than the national weather service.
19. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
20. Your supply of brain cells is finally down to manageable size.
And my special message:
From birth to age eighteen, a girl needs good parents. From eighteen to thirty, she needs good looks. From thirty to forty, she needs a good personality. From forty on, she needs good cash 🙂
Happy Birthday Andra!!!!!!!! I know it’s going to be a fabulously great day!